RECIPE: Lacy Oat Cookies
These light cookies provide just enough sweetness to satisfy a sugar craving. You can combine the oats with coconut, crisped rice cereal, or a mix of both depending on personal preference.
1 cup unsalted butter
¾ cups Turbinado sugar
1 ½ cups large flake rolled oats
1 cup coconut (substitute approximately 2 cups crisped rice cereal)
1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350º F (177º C).
2. Cream butter, add sugar (avoid over mixing so that sugar remains crunchy).
3. Add vanilla and slightly beaten egg.
4. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix.
5. Gradually add dry ingredients.
6. Add oats and coconut and/or crisped rice cereal.
7. Drop by teaspoonful, press flat with a fork dipped in water.
8. Bake for 14 minutes or until nicely browned.
Note: Makes 60 cookies if dropped using rounded teaspoon.