There are two Japanese online programs in which JSS is seeking the volunteers for (remote). Please see the details and contact us if you or anyone you know is interested!
Position A: Zoom support for Online Craft Club
Looking for 1-2 volunteers to support the Craft Club coordinator via Zoom
Schedule: Monthly-basis on the 3rd Wednesday between 10:15 am – 12:15 pm (some months may have the 1st Wed session)
Tasks: Admitting the participants, helping them rename as needed, and “spotlighting” (Zoom function) the participant who is sharing their work through their camera, etc.
**The program is held in Japanese; however, you don’t need to understand Japanese language to help with these tasks as long as you can communicate in English with the coordinator. If you can communicate in Japanese, by all means, enjoy the interaction with the participants!
Position B: Coordinator for Easy Senior Yoga program
This position requires the ability to communicate (including reading and writing) in Japanese. If you are interested in, please see the details on the Japanese page by clicking the top right corner says “日本語” and contact the JSS volunteer coordinator (Chie)!
Common Items for Both Positions
- Will be asked to attend the meeting as needed
- Aiming to build the team of the volunteers (to rotate if needed)
- It’s okay if you don’t know much about Zoom – We will teach you how to host/facilitate (in the capacity of JSS use)
- Having a relatively stable computer (with camera & microphone) that can connect and use Zoom.
- You are okay to download and use Zoom on that computer.
- You are okay to actively interact and discuss with others.
- You can respect others as well as:
- the rules such as confidentiality
- team work
- different opinion than what you have – “agree to disagree”
Love to apply! What do I do?
Want to join the team? Or want to discuss first? That’s okay – contact the JSS volunteer coordinator by indicating below:
- Your name
- Phone number
- When we can contact you (provide multiple available dates/times)
JSS Volunteer Coordinator (Chie): 416-385-9200 / email@example.com
Looking forward to hearing from you!