How have you been doing?
～ Let’s chat with a JSS coordinator! ～
The “Ogenki-desuka?” program, which was held for a limited time last year, is back!
In a pandemic with no ending in sight, some may still feel apprehensive to see someone in-person and haven’t talked to others for a while, especially for senior citizens who are at higher risk to COVID-19 infection. In a situation that can easily deepen feelings of isolation, it becomes critical to take care of your mental and emotional well-being. Therefore, JSS is resuming the “Ogenki Desuka” (How are you?) program, which was offered for a limited time last year. Are you interested in chatting with JSS staff? We are more than happy to talk to you either once, a few times, or set a regular chat schedule (*until Dec 2022). Contact us today!
Contact us if you are…
- a senior citizen (age 60+) with Japanese background (language, origin, culture),
- a person who takes care of this (↑) individual, or
- a person who knows and is worried about this (↑) individual
*Program is offered in Japanese/English
What will we talk over the phone?
- Any change before/after pandemic: life, health, social life, activity, etc.
- How you have been doing
- Any concerns, difficulties you are facing
- Any episode you had fun/joy or you were sad
- Any worries, things you want to know
- Literally ANYTHING as the time allows
OK, I want in. What do I do next?
【Method 1】Fill out this online registration form.
We will reply you to book the time we have a phone chat!
【Method 2】Or you can contact Rumiko
Japanese Social Services: firstname.lastname@example.org / 416-385-9200
*If you are calling: Due to our office closure, Rumiko (JSS staff) will be notified once you call our number. Please leave your name or phone number for her to call you back.
Looking forward to chatting with you!
Hosted by: Japanese Social Services (Konnichiwa Program)
Supported by: Momiji Health Care Society